Uploading your audio files to dropbox:
- Please ALWAYS include a text document that explains what each file is!!
- Who are you speaking with (for each file). For example: Interview with my aunt Sonia.
- If you are recording yourself, just say Audio-diary or Self.
- What is the date.
- What are important, emotional, or powerful moments in the recording. For example: "at minute 6:02, we talked about their grandmother's story of the Long Walk..."
- So, for each audio file you upload, make sure there is a text document that says what each recording is.
- Activate your Dropbox account if you haven't already: you'll have received an invitation by email to join our Dropbox folder. Each of you has a folder with your name on it. This is where you will upload your audio files from your recorder. It's free! Once you get our invitation, just follow their steps to set up your account and join your folder.
- This video is super helpful for learning what to do (once you watch the beginning, skip to 1:04 for what to do on a PC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRJVE6JHnsA
sTEPS FOR UPLOADING YOUR AUDIO FILES (ONCE YOU'VE ACTIVATED DROPBOX):
- Have your Dropbox folder open on your computer.
- Make sure your recorder is turned OFF.
- Plug the USB cable into your recorder and your computer (make sure recorder is off!)
- The recorder will start flashing between USB Card and AUDIO. When the screen is on USB CARD, press the red record button. The screen will now say USB. (If you wait long enough, it will select USB automatically).
- An auto-play window should appear, select open folder to view your files, select Stereo Folder, and find your files.
- Select your audio files and drag and drop them into your Dropbox folder.
- (If auto-play does not come up, select Computer in the Start Menu).